• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Maximum Refresh Rate of Widget

morty346

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
I know that the default is 30 minutes, however I am looking at making a game in a widget

This would require millisecond responses.... has anyone messed with the AlarmClock Timing that is described to use instead to achieve this? does it work well?

I haven't finished the Software Arc for the project yet because I see a lot of complaints about this on the net, so need to know if this is feasable before I go for the adventure... but the game would consist of a large widget size of one screen... many areas to click on and interact with and multiple textured animations

Looks like I can draw to a canvas and then pop it up to the bitmap to do this... but that still confuses me a bit, so if anyone knows of some good tutorials I would greatly appreciate it

this is what I was told works:

Code:
Paint p = new Paint(); 
            p.setAntiAlias(true);
            p.setStyle(Style.STROKE);
            p.setStrokeWidth(8);
            p.setColor(0xFFFF0000);

Bitmap bitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(100, 100, Config.ARGB_8888);
            Canvas canvas = new Canvas(bitmap);
            canvas.drawArc(new RectF(10, 10, 90, 90), 0, 270, false, p);

// RemoteViews views = new RemoteViews(updateService.getPackageName(), R.layout.main);
            RemoteViews updateViews = null;

updateViews.setImageViewBitmap(R.id.canvas, bitmap);

ComponentName componentName = new ComponentName(updateService, DashboardAppWidgetProvider.class);
            AppWidgetManager appWidgetManager = AppWidgetManager.getInstance(updateService);
            appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget(componentName, views);

but I am struggling with the concepts of this code having an ID for the canvas and how to use that so I have not been able to test this code

(I am a experienced c/c++/c#/dx/opengl coder first time with android and java)

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones