1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Maxx HD or wait for Droid Maxx

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rodmcl2003, Jul 28, 2013.

1. rodmcl2003

rodmcl2003 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    I'm looking to get the Maxx HD, but I'm wondering if its worth it to wait for the Droid Maxx. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2012
    Male
    Business Owner
    Minneapolis, MN
    The Maxx has a slightly faster processor, 2 GB RAM instead of 1GB in Maxx HD, slightly larger battery, and improved camera. The Maxx will NOT have an SD card slot, so total memory storage will be limited to 32 GB internal memory.

I guess it depends on your priorities and budget. If you need an SD card, Maxx HD is the obvious choice.

If you feel the 2 GB of RAM is important, then the Maxx is it. Some people have complained of lag on their Maxx HD, and feel that 2 GB of RAM would cure it, but I have no lag on my Maxx HD.

Finally, you can get a Maxx HD for $99; the Droid Maxx will be priced at $299. In my mind 1 GB more of memory, improved camera, and marginal improvements elsewhere is not worth $200 more. Taking away the SD card is wrong.

3. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    I would get the Ultra Maxx because of the RAM, camera, & larger screen. But to me money would not be a consideration. I have a Maxx HD now and like having a SD card but as it turns out so far the built in memory would be enough for me.

So, if the $200 difference is a big obstacle, the Maxx HD should be your choice. But if you don't require the extra memory capacity that the SD card provides and the cost doesn't matter, the upcoming Ultra Maxx should be your choice.

Good luck, whatever you decide,

4. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
    A couple more features with the new Maxx is wireless charging and Miracast. It also features the new touchless controls. With that, you lose micro-SD and dedicated HDMI out port.

As others pointed out, it is going to be what are your priorities in your new phone. For myself, 32GB of internal storage in a phone is enough. However, I require micro-SD capabilities on a tablet because that is my preferred device at home and traveling for media.