1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Maxx HD Support - Voice Actions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbean5, Dec 28, 2012.

1. kbean5

kbean5 Lurker

Hi, I upgraded to the RAZR Maxx HD last week and I have been relatively impressed with it until yesterday. For whatever reason the Voice Action/Search and the talk to text feature have just disappeared from the phone. I have not messed with any settings and there haven't been and systems upgrades. Up until yesterday the features were there (voice action was on home screen and the talk to text feature would come up on the keyboard next to the space bar (now it is just a comma button)). I have tried turning the phone on/off several times and even removed the SIM card for good measure and neither option restored it. I spoke with Verizon tech support and he informed me that he was not familiar with this issue and I would just have to run the factory reset option. I absolutely don't want to do this and spend hours restoring my accounts, etc...

Any ideas on how to get these features back?

BTW, I am a fan of the voice actions feature I think it definitely gives Ms. Siri a run for her money.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tnstra

tnstra Member

For some reason which I haven't figure out yet at least on my phone !!!!!!!
    Speech to Text seems to be inoperative when Bluetooth is turned on. This creates some issues when you are driving and have the bluetooth turned on and a text comes in that you want to respond to....
    I know I realllllly do know YOU SHOULDN'T BE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING but golly mom ...
    You'd think I'd be a little more protective of my 1.5 million mile safe driving record

Tom

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews