1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Maxx quit vibrating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twobiscuit, May 9, 2012.

1. twobiscuit

twobiscuit Member
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    My razr maxx has quit vibrating on text messaging and backing out of forums. I can lightly tap on the side of the phone and it will vibrate again. I called Verizon today and he had me run the phone in safe mode for a couple of hours to see if it still did it. It did. He also told me to disable my smart actions. He said that they can send me a factory certified replacement if I want. Has anyone had this problem and if so any ideas on how to fix it? Also, is it a good idea to accept the factory replacement? I just don't want to get a "new" phone and the battery be horrible

Advertisement

2. Spydaz

Spydaz Member
    None

Apr 2, 2012
    Most factory certified replacements are better than getting new. I would go for it and get it replaced asap.

3. twobiscuit

twobiscuit Member
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    What makes them better? Just wondering

4. srq2625

srq2625 Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Typically, production runs are subject to QC and QA processes. This usually means the manufacturer will pull units at random for testing purposes to ensure the units are within spec. "Within spec" usually translates as "good enough." There's all kinds of complex math involved in determining the right number of units to pull for testing to "ensure" that a given (usually high) percentage of the production run is within spec.

These test units and returned units are then moved to, for lack of a better term, a certification bench where the units are given the once-over and adjusted to bring every system of the unit to within spec.

So, the difference is the units coming off the bench are known to be within spec in all their systems. Units coming off the line are assumed to be within spec. The land between "known" and "assumed" is where the faulting units are found.

thrifty likes this.
  5. twobiscuit

twobiscuit Member
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    Thanks! That was very informative!

6. KOHLtheTECdog

KOHLtheTECdog Lurker
    None

May 30, 2012
    i found the fix it will void warrinty take the back off and put some wd40 lightly on the vibrating motor in the bottem right and let it soke then sping the vibrating motor and turn the phone off then back on and it will be fixed. just did this myself:)

7. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    MUCH easier/safer to just get a free replacement. Why risk damaging your phone? And having no warranty afterwards? Sounds dumb to me...:D

8. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009