1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General May get a Thunderbolt. No htcsense.com?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ni Dieu Ni Maitre, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Student; Arby's Wage Slave
    Pennsylvania
    I'm debating between a Thunderbolt and a Charge (I don't know anything about TouchWiz though, and I wholly enjoy Sense. We'll see).

From what I've gathered, the Thunderbolt won't work with htcsense.com, at least not yet. That's unfortunate, because htcsense.com provides some very nice, useful features. Are there any android apps that can provide that sort of functionality? It would be nice to be able to locate my phone if it's lost, or leave a message for someone who finds it. I'll be getting a two-year contract this time, rather than a one-year contract, so I'd like to be prepared in the event that I manage to lose it.

Advertisement

2. ahoogst

ahoogst Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    If you root your TB you can flash ROMs that support htcsense.com. I'm using Das BAMF 1.6.3 and htcsense works with my TB.

3. hounddog

hounddog Lurker
    None

Hi,

Yes, on your droid charge phone open "market Apps" and search for "Lookout Mobile Security".
    I have it installed and on my charge and it will do all you are asking for on your charge too. Plus...it's free. If you want to upgrade the the premium application you will have to pay. You also get to try it free with no obligation to purchase nor any credit card information is required. Let me know what you think of it. I love it and recommend it highly.

Hounddog