• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root May have a disater here (A2SD)

adamkse

Jul 26, 2010
hey,

i installed the MIUI X-PART rom today and its pretty cool.

i did the a2sd stuff with the terminal finishing with a2sd reinstall.

when my phone restarted all the apps on my phone were unable to open, including the terminal. the market is still there so i tried to download the terminal again and to a check but it says insufficient space when i try to install it.

when i check the internal memory it says 875mb available.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

edit: apologies about the typo in the title

in my sd information there is a section called A2SD+ and shows 0.92GB which is what I created so just assumed that it was there.

is there a way i can remove the a2sd without the terminal emulator?

i didnt add anything myself as far as i know, just flashed the rom then did the a2sd commands in the terminal

Upvote 0
xavierjohn22's MIUI comes in 3 versions: a2sd+, data2ext (aka x-part) and data2whatever.

If you've flashed the x-part then that's all you need. a2sd doesn't come into play at all. If you check your internal storage using QSI, Titanium or something similar it will report some "a2sd" storage, but it's really referring to your /data partition which is now totally moved to the ext on your sd card.

As SUroot pointed out above, putting a2sd into your setup has caused conflict. If you're unsure how to remove the a2sd script I suggest you wipe everything and reinstall the x-part (data2ext) version.

Upvote 0
Battery life on stock kernel is pretty good I think. Haven't done any benchmarks with Current Widget or the like, but I get a full day's medium usage and more without any excessive fiddling to keep drain low.

No specific partition table required. ROM fits in a system part of 130MB, but with data2ext and a 1GB ext, I have no reason to fiddle with custom tables or MTDs as I have loads of app space, so I've stuck with the Bravo Sense table.

Boot time is longer with data2ext than with a2sd, however.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones