• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help May have been asked before?????

pkracing

Lurker
Feb 27, 2013
Hi, newbie here,
Got a question that may have been asked before(I'm sure)....I have a S2 t989, and I do a fair amount of downloading, I have a 16gig sd card and went in my camera settings and picked the option for memory card, but as I'm downloading, still notice my usb storage is being filled(and quite rapidly too), any way of directing everything I download to the sd card, so it stops using this usb storage at all? One last thing....what is usb storage???? I always thought you have either, internal(system) storage or sd storage??? thanx for the help
Pete

Hi, newbie here,
Got a question that may have been asked before(I'm sure)....I have a S2 t989, and I do a fair amount of downloading, I have a 16gig sd card and went in my camera settings and picked the option for memory card, but as I'm downloading, still notice my usb storage is being filled(and quite rapidly too), any way of directing everything I download to the sd card, so it stops using this usb storage at all? One last thing....what is usb storage???? I always thought you have either, internal(system) storage or sd storage??? thanx for the help
Pete

Hi Pete :hello: Welcome to the forums.

So are you trying to save pictures to the SD Card? The storage names can be confusing. USB storage is the same as internal storage and also may show as sd card in a file browser. If you use a file browser and look, you will see the folder for your external sd card is listed as ext_sd.

To move apps to your external sd card you need something like app2sd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones