• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MAY have fixed "stuck in airplane mode" problem

mcdevin1973

Nov 24, 2009
For those of you familiar with this problem, it's when your Moment's signal bars displays an "x" but is stuck in AIRPLANE MODE. When you hold down the END button to pull up the 3 item menu you see this (note that it says AIRPLANE MODE IS ON):

Silent Mode
(Sound is ON)

Airplane Mode
(Airplane Mode is ON)

Power Off

So I battery pulled the phone...didn't work. I then did the VOLUME UP/CALL/END button hold down trick to bring up the root menu and did the Master Reset (which took my phone back to stock + wiped out all of my apps and data so BACKUP YOUR PHONE FIRST):

Firmware: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: S:M900.8.OS.DI06
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
Build Number: ECLAIR.DJ07

...didn't work

I then went into the root menu again and did the REBOOT, still nothing

I then proceeded to get mad and hit the phone a few times and BANG, the signal came back and has been back since (2 days running).

Is there something in the hardware configuration I can change to fix this lock-up issue? If I open up the phone, is there something I can do to fix this? Please someone help...obviously my solution won't last as a fix

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones