1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Maybe a different battery question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2001ls6, Dec 29, 2011.

1. 2001ls6

2001ls6 Newbie

Just activated my dinc2 and before even buying it I've been looking for this info. After a full charge on charging station just how long will the backup battery hold it's charge till needed after it has been removed from the charger? I've started out installing a chic 1900 that was already fully charged and will let it run the phone through the night and all day tomorrow. I'm coming from a dinc which I will be keeping just in case this new one doesn't pan out, and the 1900's have been doing fine for a full days use, but I've never removed a fully charged one and carried it for backup so I have no knowledge of just how the temp (cold) and time off the charger will effect the battery. Thanks for your time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Coming from experience, I found that after a while, it slowly loses charge. I had a G1 and those things never last long battery wise. I had to keep 2 spare batteries with me at all times, and the last back up never lasted as long as the first back-up. Not by much though.

Note:I kept them in a bag at room temperature.

3. copestag

copestag Android Expert

I dont carry a backup battery as Ive found that I can easily get through a couple days on the stock battery if I want to (although I charge every night anyhow)

however I would have to believe you could easily get by with the spare for quite a while without recharging...... considering that even on the unit the standby time is about a week or so on a stock battery.... this would lead me to believe that without being on the unit you could carry a spare just fine for a week or more without losing charge dramatically

of course the best way to know is to try it and see...... Id be interested in knowing the results since I have considered throwing a spare in my glovebox for emergencies

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

My Eris was off for six months and still had 80% when I turned it back on.

5. 2001ls6

2001ls6 Newbie

Thanks for the answers. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I've got a bday party for a friend Friday night and I'm was wondering if the back up would die before the day was out or not. Where I work the reception isn't the best so I turn off 3g mobile, gps and wi-fi. With the dinc I could surf the net, 1 maybe 2 hours max, limited phone calls and limited texting when I wanted to and still have 35-40% left by 9 that night. I just turn things on when needed and when not in use turn them off.

6. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert

Do you have cdma set as your preferred network?
    Mobile data always on turned off?
    I find that these two settings make a difference in battery life.

Also if you are in an area with bad reception like fluctuating from one to no bars, throw the phone into airplane mode, because if you don't it will be straining to find a signal and use up a lot of precious juice in the process.

I have a stock battery and run juice defender plus and get 24+ hours every charge, I use my phone quite a bit too...

7. 2001ls6

2001ls6 Newbie

Well here's the report. First is there are some differences in this phones reception and my old one. While in the basement area I noticed that I had 1 bar of 3g, it was picking up my companys wi-fi better and I also left gps on. I never had good reception or really any in the basement with the dinc. Secondly I noticed a better reception any where I went, that's a plus. Then there was the question of did I ever even turn off my 3g network like I could on my old phone? Don't think I did. Anyway on a fully charged 1900 chic I got 28-32 hours before the light turned yellow. I'm still learning things like cdma set to preferred network (I think it comes from the factory programmed to stay on cdma) and other things but it's been good so far. What I like is I had left 3g on (I think) left gps on and wi-fi on and got the amount of time that I did.

P.S. mobile data is turned off.

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Li-ion batteries hold their charge really well. My guess is that it would take months before you saw a noticeable drop in charge. That assumes that the battery is stored at room temperature. Li-ion batteries really don't like heat.

9. 2001ls6

2001ls6 Newbie

Thanks for the heads up on the heat. I'm thinking that the possibilities of me being away from a charger for more than 48 hrs is slim. Looks like I'll need to find a way to charge a spare battery by car cigarette lighter and I'll have all the bases covered. Charging by a wall outlet I got already.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews