1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Maybe a great deal on batteries?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stingrayracing, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Stingrayracing

None

Nov 16, 2011
    I may have found a great deal on Bionic batteries on Amazon. Yesterday I ordered two standard batteries with a charger for $25 and free shipping. I opted for the standard batteries instead of the extended battery because I did not want to add bulk to the phone. Now I can continue to use my holster and case. Generally I can get a day out of my battery but on those times when I am away from home and a charger 3 batteries will give me way more than enough power. The batteries are not Moto but that does not bother me. Will post how they work out.

Advertisement

2. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member
    None

Wow sounds like a great deal.

Be careful though, if those batteries came from China they may have inferior parts and not work as well as the Moto batteries. I don't think they will damage your phone, but again use caution.

Hope they work out for you.

3. Stingrayracing

None

Nov 16, 2011
    Thanks for the advise but have you checked where your original Bionic battery came from?..........China. I will be careful though!

4. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    The country of origin isn't the issue, the issue is it being first party or not. A first party battery has strict specifications to follow, that's why they are all the same with the exception of defects.

There is no penalty for a 3rd party making a battery(the ones you usually end up buying from like Seidio and Mugen don't even make them , they buy them then slap a sticker with their brand and desired capacity on), making up a number for how long it lasts, and selling it. That is why you have to be careful.

johnlgalt likes this.
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Which holster and case are you referring to?

As for them not being Moto batteries, be very careful - our phones are much more sensitive to substandard charging gear (see the numerous posts about the BIONIC not charging / going crazy when charging when using chargers / cables that came with other phones) and I'd be not surprised at all if any of these symptoms were to pop up after using non Moto batteries.