• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maybe a great deal on batteries?

Nov 16, 2011
I may have found a great deal on Bionic batteries on Amazon. Yesterday I ordered two standard batteries with a charger for $25 and free shipping. I opted for the standard batteries instead of the extended battery because I did not want to add bulk to the phone. Now I can continue to use my holster and case. Generally I can get a day out of my battery but on those times when I am away from home and a charger 3 batteries will give me way more than enough power. The batteries are not Moto but that does not bother me. Will post how they work out.

The country of origin isn't the issue, the issue is it being first party or not. A first party battery has strict specifications to follow, that's why they are all the same with the exception of defects.

There is no penalty for a 3rd party making a battery(the ones you usually end up buying from like Seidio and Mugen don't even make them , they buy them then slap a sticker with their brand and desired capacity on), making up a number for how long it lasts, and selling it. That is why you have to be careful.

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
I may have found a great deal on Bionic batteries on Amazon. Yesterday I ordered two standard batteries with a charger for $25 and free shipping. I opted for the standard batteries instead of the extended battery because I did not want to add bulk to the phone. Now I can continue to use my holster and case. Generally I can get a day out of my battery but on those times when I am away from home and a charger 3 batteries will give me way more than enough power. The batteries are not Moto but that does not bother me. Will post how they work out.

Which holster and case are you referring to?

As for them not being Moto batteries, be very careful - our phones are much more sensitive to substandard charging gear (see the numerous posts about the BIONIC not charging / going crazy when charging when using chargers / cables that came with other phones) and I'd be not surprised at all if any of these symptoms were to pop up after using non Moto batteries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones