1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Mc Donalds comes in last on Fast food Hamburger ratings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Weazol, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

Advertisement

2. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    in n out burger is soooooo good! i wish they were all over the country haha

and yes, mcdonalds burgers are terrible. I can't beleive white castle is that high on the least, i think BK is better than them (although still not very good quality)

3. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

Yea I don't understand white castle.

4. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    I thought all whataburgers all went out of business long ago. I remember eating at them in so cal as a kid and they all closed over 20 years ago.
    I do find it interesting that the top 2 are both regional for the most part. And one big one is missing and that is Fatburger.

5. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

In-N-Out...the family that owns it says that they won't go further east because quality would suffer.

White Castle...how is that not LAST? Still, I love it when it's available and I'm drunk/hung over. I've eaten them off the floor...and I was the one rubbing them into the carpet first.

Jack in the Box isn't LAST? Impossible! (I still love JitB anyway.)

McDonalds sells the most burgers. They're already successful so they have no incentive to improve anything. They also have the most to gain by skimping.

6. tsanuri

Apr 5, 2010
    They also seem to not want to go north. Oregon is no farther away than what they have in Utah now. And they have the I-5 running through the middle of the state that is one of the most traveled roads.

7. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know, I just heard somebody say that. It's a southern California-based company. As far as I know, each location is owned by the founding family. They probably just want to be able to keep a tight grip on quality by staying within 400 miles, or whatever. They need to move their center to Denver or something...they're wasting a bunch of opportunity on the Pacific Ocean and Mexico.

Truly, the first time I had In-N-Out everyone was going BONKERS about how GREAT it was. I had my first bite and was so disappointed. It tasted just like home made. I was young and foolish so I didn't appreciate that. Anway, now that I'm older and have learned to order my 3x3 with hot chilies...I am wiser

8. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

there is still whataburgers all over texas. It's regional now too.

I have never heard of Fatburger.. we have a Phatburger here if thats the same.. but I wouldn't call it fast food..

Fuddruckers got number 3 on that list.. I wouldn't call that fast food either. ever time I have been there I have waited over 20 mins for my hamburger

I love Jack in the box for their tacos and egg rolls.

9. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    that actually makes total sense as to why their burgers are so good. I think I like them even more now lol

does anyone know if its true that they only use organic beef from local farmers?

10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    I think that's actually true. If it's as true as Wendy's and their 'never frozen' beef (how the **** do you get it TO the buildings then?!), I can't say as much.

11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    1. In-N-Out
    2. Five Guys -NEVER HEARD OF
    3. Fuddruckers - NEVER HEARD OF
    4. Burgerville - NEVER HEARD OF
    5. Back Yard Burgers - NEVER HEARD OF
    6. Culver's Frozen Custard - NEVER HEARD OF
    7. Whataburger
    8. Hardee's
    9. Carl's Jr.
    10. Checker's Drive-In
    11. White Castle
    12. Wendy's
    13. Sonic Drive-In
    14. A&W Resturant
    15. Krystal - NEVER HEARD OF
    16. Burger King
    17. Jack In The Box
    18. McDonald's

12. tsanuri

Apr 5, 2010

I know all about in and out. I lived in so cal for 39 years. And they are already farther than 400 miles out from Baldwin Park which is their hq. Salt Lake is 800 miles from there. And yes they are family owned.
    And no it would not be the same company and this one would be quick service.
    Fatburger
    They started in so cal as well but have franchised out.

13. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Crossville, TN
    The Whataburger here that opened a couple years ago closed about a year after opening. People don't seem to like their order taking 10 years and then once you get it, it's not even right...Good burger, just not worth the hassle.

Five Guys is beast! We don't even have #1 or #3-6 here in the Tampa area.

Culver's is gooood, too. Wish we had them in the dirty south! That frozen custard is soooo good.

14. Living in Boston ive never heard of or tried most of these. All i have near me is Wendys ,McDonalds, BK, and Five guys. I refuse to eat most fast food, but 5 guys is just too good! double bacon cheese burger with onion, jalapeno, and mayo. then grab a small of cajun fries

15. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    I've never tried most of those but Fuddruckers is the bomb I remember making a massive foot tall burger there when I was 15.

16. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Oct 16, 2009
    Male
    EUSA
    Long Island, NY
    I can't believe that Shake Shack is NOT on the list!? Five Guys definitely deserves to be #1.

17. Genetic_Bloom

Genetic_Bloom Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I thought Fuddruckers was a sit-down restaurant. I also think Backyard Burgers needs to be higher up, they taste like home-grilled burgers. I'd put them above or right under In-N-Out.

18. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    I love that "In-N-Out urge (believe it or not this used to be an In-n-Out Burger marketing slogan)!! :D

[​IMG]

That said I'll take a double-double from an In-n-Out location in California any day over the same burger from one of their newer locations here in Arid-zona. The burgers and fry's from many of their newer stores simply don't taste as good...

19. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Hooray for In-n-Out!

20. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    I guess these are based on the traditional definition of a burger. If it comes down to what actually tastes and good and does rape your wallet, White Castle wins hands down. The traditional burger is boring. And expensive. Five Guys isn't all that great. You want something that you actually crave? Go to Oak Forest, Illinois and get some Doug's Dogs.

21. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Gallatin, TN
    An all-time classic is Fuddruckers, YUM!

Five Guys is amazing.

In-n-Out is amazing also.

What how is Steak n Shake not on there?!

22. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Fuddruckers, BK, McDonalds, Culvers and Wendy's are all we have.

23. last in burgers but 1st in fries!

24. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    I've waited 20 min for an overrated fuddrucker's burger. So if that counts, My local bar (the Bog) has the BEST bugers I have ever purchased. And it only takes about 6 minutes to get one to your plate. They cook them exactly how you want, they are 1/2 pound, and cost 5.99 with a side of your choice. None of these chain restaurants even comes close, in my opinion....

25. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Local places always are the best. But this is a comparison of national chains.