1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

McAfee / Virus scanner

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shannpn, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Shannpn

Shannpn Lurker

Hi all,

I have had my s6 edge for all of two days, and the McAfee app constantly puts up a notification, saying that unauthorised actions have been detected..... I'm not doing anything on my phone untoward - does the app do that for anyone else?

Is there any way of turning it off, or minimising the amount of time that it comes up?

Thanks guys :)

Advertisement

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

are you rooted? If you are you can disable security services in titanium backup to get rid of it.

Shannpn likes this.
  3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

If you can't find an option in McAfee to turn it off, you might be able to disable it. You won't know until you look, but if you can disable it that's effectively as good as uninstalling, but disabling doesn't require rooting.

To check go to:
    Settings > Apps > McAfee > Force stop > Disable

Shannpn likes this.
  4. Shannpn

Shannpn Lurker

Thanks silentwitness! Apologies for my ignorance - what does rooted mean???

5. Shannpn

Shannpn Lurker

Thanks for your help, crashdamage. I'll go and check it out. I have no idea what rooting means, but I'll go and google it.

6. Shannpn

Shannpn Lurker

Oh i know what rooting means now :)

7. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

if you are not rooted, i you wont be able to follow the steps i provided, try going to application manager and force closing the app. Otherwise just disable the notifications for the app and it will stop showing up.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews