• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

McConell: single goal to defeat Obama in 2012

Haven't they lost a lot of credibility by stalling everything to discredit Obama instead of actually trying to fix the economy and show their good ideas.

I know if the leader of the opposition had said before our elections they would never have got so many seats.
Every election is about voting the bums out. There is no political mandate in an election "win", and there are no candidates to vote for. Just crooks to vote against.

Upvote 0
Do you mean the same Mitch McConnel that bashed Dems for wanting a deadline for pulling out of Iraq claiming they wanted to" cut and run" while at the same time was begging George Bush to pull troops out so it would help Republicans during the coming election? Imagine that lol

Or the same Barack Obama the voted against raising the debt ceiling as a Senator when there was a Republican president but now considers not voting to raise the debt ceiling the height of irresponsibility.

The examples never end with either party and the only way to make sense of the behavior is to look at it through the lens of them doing what they think they have to do to get their party back in power. In the case of the debt ceiling issue the fact that the government has to raise it to pay of it's debts doesn't sit well with the public so the out party tries to hang it us much as they can around the neck of the other party, hence Obama's 'evolving' views on the issue.

Upvote 0
Or the same Barack Obama the voted against raising the debt ceiling as a Senator when there was a Republican president but now considers not voting to raise the debt ceiling the height of irresponsibility.

The examples never end with either party and the only way to make sense of the behavior is to look at it through the lens of them doing what they think they have to do to get their party back in power. In the case of the debt ceiling issue the fact that the government has to raise it to pay of it's debts doesn't sit well with the public so the out party tries to hang it us much as they can around the neck of the other party, hence Obama's 'evolving' views on the issue.
Completely different scenario. I imagine there are a lot of senators voting differently now than they did back then. I don't imagine too many are chastising the other party for voting one way and then urging the president to vote that same way they are bashing the other guys in privat

Upvote 0
Do you mean the same Mitch McConnel that bashed Dems for wanting a deadline for pulling out of Iraq claiming they wanted to" cut and run" while at the same time was begging George Bush to pull troops out so it would help Republicans during the coming election? Imagine that lol

OK what about Obama's promise to pull troops out of iraq and Afghanistan if he was elected president? I can swear he added more over there? Now with reelection looming he is just now coming up with a plan to pull them out.

Upvote 0
OK what about Obama's promise to pull troops out of iraq and Afghanistan if he was elected president? I can swear he added more over there? Now with reelection looming he is just now coming up with a plan to pull them out.
The number of troops in Iraq is down but they have been replaced by "civilian" contractors including mercenaries who are of course funded by taxpayers and employed by corporations that don't pay taxes.

A "troop reduction" in Afghanistan will follow the same pattern, providing "security" for the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline at US tax payer expense while creating the illusion that the US is "winding down" its military involvement.

Meanwhile we are actively bombing some half-dozen other middle-eastern countries in a half-hearted and misdirected attempt to support "Arab spring" and find other friendly dictators to empower.

The bottom line being that neither Obama nor Congress is driving the bus.

Upvote 0
Every election is about voting the bums out. There is no political mandate in an election "win", and there are no candidates to vote for. Just crooks to vote against.

It seems almost ironic that those voting the bums out seem to be voting the bums in and then they are dissatisfied, so out they go, not understanding that they will do the same thing over and over; round and round.

Upvote 0

Not the only broken promise, here is a list:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

We need Mr. Obama out of office. He is making just too many errors and it hurts us all.

I can only hope if elected, Mitch will do the right thing.

Upvote 0
Or to spell it out, Republican obstruction on every item at every turn.

dang republicans.......... if only he had some oppurtunity to accomplish his goals without the republicans being able to do anything to stop him....... perhaps some occasion where the dems held both houses of congress as well as the executive branch...... seems like I remember being some time like that..... maybe it was the first 2 years he's held office

it must be Bush's fault that Obama hasnt accomplished anything........ or maybe they wont let him because he's black

Upvote 0
Not the only broken promise, here is a list:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

We need Mr. Obama out of office. He is making just too many errors and it hurts us all.

I can only hope if elected, Mitch will do the right thing.
I know
But didn't want to make a long post. Just wanted to reply his post. I know he broke many promises

what has he done that is good?
He did give the queen of England an iPod with his favorite songs. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
dang republicans.......... if only he had some oppurtunity to accomplish his goals without the republicans being able to do anything to stop him....... perhaps some occasion where the dems held both houses of congress as well as the executive branch...... seems like I remember being some time like that..... maybe it was the first 2 years he's held office

it must be Bush's fault that Obama hasnt accomplished anything........ or maybe they wont let him because he's black

This is worth repeating for all those blaming the republicans. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Have you ever heard of a filibuster?:

The Rise Of Cloture: How GOP Filibuster Threats Have Changed The Senate | TPMDC

There is no doubt that the main mission of Mitch McConnell - to defeat Obama - has hurt this country and the economic recovery. Imagine how much better off we all would/could have been if the number one priority of our elected leaders was to create jobs by working together.

The majority of this country lives in the political center (I'm an independent). For some reason, the Republican party has allowed itself to be hijacked by the most extreme element of its party, to the detriment of us all.

We need to demand compromise from our elected officials - that's the only way we all get equally represented.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones