• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ME!!! I'm NOT complaining about FroYo!!!

Thank you for this thread i have been so confused since updating i have seen nothing but improvements all around since going to froyo. BETTER battery life, increased speed in browser and just smoother scrolling in general on ui. I could go on and on but froyo is def a nice upgrade for me anyways. I don't understand what all the fuss is about i will be staying away from viewing this forum for a few weeks let the crying stop

Upvote 0
my overall impressions of froyo are... what was the big deal? other than a few setting changes i don't notice a single thing that's different. there was a lot of hype and i was hopeful it would be significantly faster and better.

i can't see any noticeable difference in my phone now with 2.2 on it vs. yesterday when it was a boring old 2.1 phone.

still love my evo but don't see what the big deal was/is.

Upvote 0
Yep that's right.

All the ranting and raving for months about Froyo this, froyo that, when's it coming out. Now look, 20+ threads "do you regret... Froyo?"

NOPE! Why, because I didn't expect a world-changing event to happen today.

Froyo's great, what do YOU think?
I am happy with the performance from Froyo. No complaints. The change wasn't that major anyway. Just a few minor tweaks that was needed to clean up the OS a bit.

Upvote 0
my overall impressions of froyo are... what was the big deal? other than a few setting changes i don't notice a single thing that's different. there was a lot of hype and i was hopeful it would be significantly faster and better.

i can't see any noticeable difference in my phone now with 2.2 on it vs. yesterday when it was a boring old 2.1 phone.

still love my evo but don't see what the big deal was/is.

IMHO I think the best way to view Froyo is a refinement.
If we're being honest, 2.1 was pretty darn close to as good as it gets. So what has Google done, they have stepped back, looked and their OS and the competition and have decided to make refinements. It's like polishing a fine pair of shoes and we can count on more refinements to come as time passes by.

For those who think an OS upgrade is going to change their world, I feel sorry. Let't reflect: iOS, Blackberry, Winmo; all of these have also been in constant update since their inception. Being an avid user of each in the past I can tell you, the major upgrades for each of these OS is the same, all software upgrades are similar.

You're not building an all new, game changing OS, your refining all the hard work, money, research and feedback that you've already worked for.

I think everyone should take a deep breath. And I, similar to a previous poster may take a week or two off the forums to allow all these gripers to clear the thread queue. It gives me a headache to log on and see a million threads, Froyo this, froyo that, froyo doesn't ... Blah!!!

Upvote 0
I think Android 2.2 is great. I like all the minor tweaks such as being able to rotate the phone any direction. It does seem like everyone expected something totally new and groundbreaking.

I for one love this new update. A lot of cool features like many have already mentioned, flash support, chrome to phone, camera mods, smooth scrolling,..etc.

One thing I haven't been able to do is the screen-rotating feature. Any suggestions ?

Upvote 0
I for one love this new update. A lot of cool features like many have already mentioned, flash support, chrome to phone, camera mods, smooth scrolling,..etc.

One thing I haven't been able to do is the screen-rotating feature. Any suggestions ?

HA! LOVE THAT SIGNATURE... "I want the one with the bigger GeeBees" !!****in halarious!!

Upvote 0
IMHO I think the best way to view Froyo is a refinement.
If we're being honest, 2.1 was pretty darn close to as good as it gets. So what has Google done, they have stepped back, looked and their OS and the competition and have decided to make refinements. It's like polishing a fine pair of shoes and we can count on more refinements to come as time passes by.

For those who think an OS upgrade is going to change their world, I feel sorry. Let't reflect: iOS, Blackberry, Winmo; all of these have also been in constant update since their inception. Being an avid user of each in the past I can tell you, the major upgrades for each of these OS is the same, all software upgrades are similar.

You're not building an all new, game changing OS, your refining all the hard work, money, research and feedback that you've already worked for.

I think everyone should take a deep breath. And I, similar to a previous poster may take a week or two off the forums to allow all these gripers to clear the thread queue. It gives me a headache to log on and see a million threads, Froyo this, froyo that, froyo doesn't ... Blah!!!

Ohhhh but Gingerbread, now THAT will change the world ;-)

PS I'm like you, this site gives me a headache. I read XDA instead it's a bit more tame and level headed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this thread. Before entering this forum, I had no idea what Froyo was. Everyone was talking about how much better the EVO would be if it had Froyo and yadda yadda yadda. And BAMM...when we finally get it, I see nothing but complaints..........well anyway. I'm upgrading as of right now....so I will have to see for myself.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this thread. Before entering this forum, I had no idea what Froyo was. Everyone was talking about how much better the EVO would be if it had Froyo and yadda yadda yadda. And BAMM...when we finally get it, I see nothing but complaints..........well anyway. I'm upgrading as of right now....so I will have to see for myself.

Don't come back and start griping, I will hunt you down! :mad::D:eek:

Upvote 0
just a little heads up, to get them instantly you have to have background data enabled. just tested with it disabled and im still waiting (~30 mins) so the dependency might just be that background data is enabled.

this might be trivial for more experienced users, but for those of us that toggle it on and off for sake of battery, this is some good info :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones