1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support meaning of small triangle in menu bar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rt2, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rt2

rt2 Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    What does a small white triangle above my signal strength bars indicate on my Inc phone status area of the menu bar?

I don't get an "R" which I know means roaming nor an "X" which means no signal, but is in the same location.

Advertisement

2. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Hmmm, usually a triangle symbol on the signal bars indicates roaming. The Incredible's user manual says that it should show a 'R' for roaming, but perhaps the manual is wrong. Are you currently in a roaming area?

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    The Triangle means roaming. I live on the Canadian border and have to set my Network (Under settings -> networks -> Cellular Network -> Network Select) to Home Only otherwise I constantly hit Rogers towers.

4. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Houston
  5. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Vernon, CT
    He isn't talking about this icon. The icon that you are referring to is the hollow triangle with an "!" in the middle. That icon generally will appear at the top left of the notification bar.

The icon that hte OP is referring to is the solid small triangle shown above the signal strength indicator, which is the indicator for roaming. Hope this helps.

6. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Yup, the indicator is not in the Incredible's user guide. As I mentioned above, what the OP described is usually the symbol for roaming, so the guide is probably inaccurate (or not yet updated with last minute design changes).

7. Yeah, that typically means roaming

8. Casemantwo

Casemantwo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Wisconsin
    please delete.:)