• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Measy X7 - Android TV Box - HDD - ARM Cortex A9

I have a Measy X7 2.3.4 Gingerbread box and I would like to know how you recommend I go about rooting this device. I cannot live with out root access.

root the device if you want, the only benefit of rooting is that you can install some apps that you can not install if the device is not rooted. do some tweeking. and not much more.

allays try to get the original rom before rooting or playing around because you can brick it.

Upvote 0
how much is the power consumption of measy X7? Is it stable in Samba sharing and Torrent download?

it has a source of 2A only.

with torrent works EXCELENT.

When i did test samba was only thought wifi, and it was not able to read form the hd. you need to test the last version of the samba software

also you need to root the device if you want to use samba

Upvote 0
root the device if you want, the only benefit of rooting is that you can install some apps that you can not install if the device is not rooted. do some tweeking. and not much more.

allays try to get the original rom before rooting or playing around because you can brick it.

All I'm looking at doing is trying to increase the processor speed and editing the device name so I can get more apps from the app store. Also I like having total access to device to make small tweaks. A Temporary rooting method would be great so that I can make the mods needed and return to locked so the kids can screw it up. Do you know of a good app that will give me temporary root access to make permanent changes? I'm not planning on playing with the ROM or any of that jazz because the OS seams solid and functions well. This won't be my first rooted device so I'm not worrying about bricking.

Thank You For You Help!

Rudder2

Upvote 0
All I'm looking at doing is trying to increase the processor speed and editing the device name so I can get more apps from the app store. Also I like having total access to device to make small tweaks. A Temporary rooting method would be great so that I can make the mods needed and return to locked so the kids can screw it up. Do you know of a good app that will give me temporary root access to make permanent changes? I'm not planning on playing with the ROM or any of that jazz because the OS seams solid and functions well. This won't be my first rooted device so I'm not worrying about bricking.

Thank You For You Help!

Rudder2

Read the pst please bfore asking you can use 4zroot aplication for temporary rooting

Upvote 0
I have read you hole form top to bottom. 4zroot is for Android 2.2 it said not Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. I never ask questions with out reading everything. Been reading you form for weeks trying to get the answers before I posted the first post.

regarding 2.3.4 android version i have never used. try using any soft like z4root it may work too.

there are other applications like superoneclick root or unlockroot or universal gb root or any other soft like that.

you can google. andoird 2.3 root app

Upvote 0
@rudder2

Have you rooted your measy X7 android 2.3.4?

@Tatubias
Sir Nag o-off or sleep ung unit ko pag naka turn off na ung TV or LED TV connected via HDMI anu maganda gawin.

@robustnet i dont undestand your question. if you turn off the tv. the media players it stills on. so you can put it to down load a file or do what do you need. ( i had andorid 2.2 installed in my device). you can turn off the mediaplayer with the remote controll.

Upvote 0
@robustnet i dont undestand your question. if you turn off the tv. the media players it stills on. so you can put it to down load a file or do what do you need. ( i had andorid 2.2 installed in my device). you can turn off the mediaplayer with the remote controll.

@Tatubias

sir this is how it goes.

measy x7 and TV is turned on downloading torrent file thru atorrent.

When I turned off the TV only then I turned it on again, measy is in booting stage even though I did not turned it off. Then back to desktop. All previous application running is not there anymore.
As if it was resetting, every time I turned off the TV and turned it on again.

So I cannot download if TV is off.

I use HDMI connection.

Sir what connection are you using AV or HDMI?

Upvote 0
@Tatubias

pag off ko ng TV parang nag o-off or sleep din ung measy x7, nag off ung wifi, mga naka bukas na application nag o-off din maski naka on ung ilaw ng measy.

Pag bukas ulit ng tv nag bo-booting ulit ung measy. Then balik ulit sa desktop nya. Pero wala na ung mga nakabukas na application.

So di ako maka download ng torrent kasi nawawala sya pag off ng tv.

My connection is thru HDMI

please ask the questions in english. i dont know philipino.

witch version of android do you have installed. when i did had 2.2 installed i did never got any issue.

you can try installing this application.
Wake Lock - PowerManager

sQadBbw2mDaS8gw_bAGagrzwbLSlLUfjy3QAYSsGR008p6Zkznja2xQnQvfwCmkghAY

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl

with this application you will be able to make the screen never goes off and wifi keeps alive.

test it.

also you can try going into the settings into the development menu there it is an option that says allways On when plugged or something like that. please check that option.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I bought an X7 with Android 2.3.4. I use Ethernet instead of WiFI.
I've read all post in this thread, but I can't find any solution for my problems:

1. Can't access to device from my PC (Win7). The device's IP is visible and PING. Can't reach via browser as well.
2. If I can see well I haven't write permission to my internal HDD (1,5TB Samsung). Anything I want to copy to it, returns with an error message. The file moving process reach 100% but in the writing phase there is an error message.

Thanks for any help guys.
Leo

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I bought an X7 with Android 2.3.4. I use Ethernet instead of WiFI.
I've read all post in this thread, but I can't find any solution for my problems:

1. Can't access to device from my PC (Win7). The device's IP is visible and PING. Can't reach via browser as well.
2. If I can see well I haven't write permission to my internal HDD (1,5TB Samsung). Anything I want to copy to it, returns with an error message. The file moving process reach 100% but in the writing phase there is an error message.

Thanks for any help guys.
Leo

1 - are you trying to do this thought Ethernet / wifi?
if yes. the device does not bring any application to share the hard drive.

you need to root the device and install samba server application. when i did used long time ago only support wifi sharing.

2 - if you want to connect the hd to your pc you need to use the lateral connector the Blue one. and pluggit to you usb port of the pc.

try get support from meassy.

Upvote 0
This is how I setup my measy x7

1. I use component connection not HDMI. (my hdmi connection resets the device every reconnection of the TV input or when I turn off the TV and back on.) So I get only low resolution in native display and it has a color sync issues but i manage to solve it by going to display output choosing any resolution and when it ask you to reset just click no.

2. I use ghost commander with samba plugin( I can access now my pc shared thru measy x7. But cannot access device via pc coz no sharing features.)

3. My device is not yet rooted so I cannot have samba server.

4. I have 2TB Samsung Installed and it has minimal heat, plus I installed usb fan at the bottom of the device. So I'm running TTorrent 23hrs a day now with no heat issues. I have partition my Hd into three, all extended logical drive.

5. Video play back is good, torrent downloading is good, my only problem when accessing hd folders sometimes it lags specially if the folder has many files. Sometimes I clear data of the media storage and it eliminates lag but it comes again when media storage is big.

6.Regarding not shutting down properly. I just exit all programs that uses the Hd so if i turned off measy x7 it wont have a problem with the hard disk.

7. Programs I used:
a. ghost commander with samba plugin
b. TTorrent
c. go chat for Facebook
d. flash player
e. perfect viewer
f. meridian mp3 player (can use folder selection)

8. I use to have Google play but i don't use it anymore, coz all programs suddenly not compatible any more. I use other site.

9. The device sometimes hang. specially if running many application. I can live with that.

10. So far the device meets all my purpose and requirements. The question now on my mind is how long is it going to last.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones