• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Audio Issue

matt777

Lurker
Oct 15, 2010
I have a droid x and am having a strange issue and wondering if others have it as well. Sometimes when I go to play a song or watch a video the file shows it is playing but there is no sound. The funny thing is all the other sounds on the phone work just media sound does not work. I tried adjusting the volume settings every which way but that does not help the only thing that works is restarting.

I have found when I am having this issue is that if I plug or unplug from my USB (wall and computer) at the moment I am plugging and unplugging the audio comes on for a second.

Also, I find that this issue will always comes up when I plug into USB, if I then try to play music through my headphones I get no sound but the speaker will play music.

I wonder if this issue is somehow related to the issue with the android process closing when I try to look at battery usage. Although I think these issues pop up at random sometimes, it seems that when there are plugs or unplugs from the USB these issues crop up more frequently.

I discovered the source of my problem described here and wanted to share it in case anyone else has a similar issue. I have a program called Tasker running. In Tasker I had a profile set up that when the phone was plugged or unplugged it would say a phrase (just for kicks). Apparently this setting was causing the media to not play from the headphones or bluetooth afterwards. No clue why this causes the issue, but now I know that it does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones