1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Media/Camera problems!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sarnew88, Jun 1, 2011.

1. sarnew88

sarnew88 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    UK
    Hi,

I have had a look through a few threads and google, but I don't seem to be able to find a permenant fix to my problem.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S for about 3 months, never dropped it etc. Every so often when I go to play a song I get the error message 'cannot recognise media' and it will not play any music. Similarly, my video camera will occasionally display the message 'error: recording failed' when I attempt to make a video.

Both of these problems can be sorted by switching the phone off and on again but it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

I have read posts that suggest it could be certain apps; but I app kill everytime I stop using any apps and as I said these problems are intermitent.

I have also read that it could be due to me not disconnecting my phone from my computer properly, but I always disconnect safely and again sometimes it happens when I haven't recently connected my phone to the computer.

Any ideas on how I can fix this, or is it a hardware issue that Samsung need to fix?

Any replies would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Sarah

Advertisement

2. Gluske

Gluske Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    This post should be stickied

There's a post about this every single day it seems. Camera failing, music won't play, video won't play, reset fixes it, I killed the apps etc.

Official Twitter app seems to be the root of all problems. Been 3 weeks to a month since I deleted it and never had the problem resurface.

Doesn't matter if you "kill the app" once the damage is done it's done until you reboot. Replace it with a different twitter app (tweetdeck is my favourite) or if you don't use twitter get rid of it entirely.