1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Media Device Only - No Phone Needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DeZaStR, Jan 30, 2014.

1. DeZaStR

DeZaStR Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Precedent from eBay for cheap. The idea being that it will be used as a music/game device for my daughter. I don't want or need access to the phone functions. Further, this device is purchased with a bad ESN.

I should be receiving it in a couple of days. Anything I need to know about getting it working for what I want?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    There's not much storage space, so get a 32GB SD card to store her music on. And if she want a different music player, you're going to have to download it on a working phone, back it up to an apk file, put that file on her SD card and run it to install the player.

Otherwise it's a good phone for the purpose. I haven't had mine activated for months but it still runs and if I wanted a music/video player, that's probably the phone I'd use. Charge the battery when it gets down to around 50% and it'll last a few years.

Make sure she doesn't use high efficiency earplugs with the volume turned up all the way. Hearing aids aren't considered really cool fashion accessories.

3. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2012
    Or download on wifi.
    Nexmusic is great.

Use viper 4 too.

Also bluetooth mono works with cyogenmod 7.1 on this device for stelth music during class or work lol.