1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Media files disappeared

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Overkill1970, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Overkill1970

Overkill1970 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Hi,

This is my first smart phone had it for about a month now without any real issues.

Fido Liquid E on oficial Froyo (no root)

Just today I wanted to play some music and the music app sees no files I then try NemoPlayer and again no audio or pictures, I then try the gallery application and again no files are found.

I use the ES file explorer and all my file are in the media directory, I also check with the phone connected to the PC and all the files are on the SD card.

Check with ES file Explorer and the files are not set to hidden.

I turned off the and disabled the ES Task Manager to see if maybe it was preventing something from running that was needed for media file but it did not help.
    Any suggestion?
    Thank you

Advertisement

2. lquify

lquify Newbie
    None

Oct 13, 2010
    do you unmount the sd card after youve finished looking on the PC?

3. Overkill1970

Overkill1970 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Hi,

I don’t physically remove the SD card from the phone to view on my PC I use the USB wire to connect from my phone to my PC and then set the phone to external storage device.

I just tried to unmount and remount the SD card unfortunately it did not help

What is really weird is that I can see all my files using the ES file manager on my phone but all media applications are not able to see the files!

For example I take a picture I can then view it in the Gallery app, I close the phone and then power it back up open the Gallery app no files are found.

I open the ES file managers go to the DCIM\Camera directory and the files are all there.

Same behavior with MP3 files!

Thanks for your help.

4. lquify

lquify Newbie
    None

Oct 13, 2010
    my rooted liquid rom from LCR has a gallery fix option that has fixed that problem for me before.