• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Files still showing even after I deleted them through the computer

SPhone

Lurker
Aug 10, 2014
Every month, I perform a backup of all the data on my phone, including media files like music and photos. Files that I don't need are usually removed from my phone.
However, recently, I had to do a hard factory reset on my device. After that, whenever I 'cut-paste' media files from the phone to the computer and disconnected my device, the pictures or music files are still there on my phone, despite the fact that they have been removed.
These files cannot be seen when I connect my phone to the computer after I have removed them.

In addition to this, adding music files through the USB function to my phone is also not working, until I add it to my SD Card. That is, music files show on the computer but not on the phone if I add it to the 'Music' folder under 'Samsung' after connecting to USB.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones