• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

media gallery 'fail to open image'

Same shit happens to me ,even thougt the pic. is .jpg format and I was using it before. But since I tried some "live wallpapers" and some "launcher pro" it says this:
"failed to open an image". I have stopped using those "live wallpapers" and uninstalled "launcher pro",it still says it.

Any ideas?
What causes this!!!???

Upvote 0
Same shit happens to me ,even thougt the pic. is .jpg format and I was using it before. But since I tried some "live wallpapers" and some "launcher pro" it says this:
"failed to open an image". I have stopped using those "live wallpapers" and uninstalled "launcher pro",it still says it.

Any ideas?
What causes this!!!???

OK! I have tried to solve this problem myself,cause I couldn't find any help on the internet.

-Most likely this is a bug ,which was caused by an app (or something).
-I have just renamed the pics and then I was able to set them as a wallpaper.

So just try renaming the image,hopefully it will solve the problem.

Upvote 0

Any ideas?
What causes this!!!???

Same thing has happened with me.

I tried something like this and it worked for me and I never saw that error again. Hope it will also work for you.

1. Connect your phone to the PC ( Win XP/ Win 7 / Win Vista)
2. Open the location of the sd card
3. Then there will be lots of folders, just open the one named : dcim
4. You will see some sub folders in there. Try to find out named .thumbnails and .video thumbnails.
5. When you locate them, just Shift+Delete them. Let the phone create them again when you will access the gallery again.
6. You are done. Try changing the wallpaper again and it should work like a gem.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones