• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Hub Download

JTH006

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
Hi all, I just purchased a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and wanted to download movies to watch on the plane/road/bus.
I tried accessing the movie w/o being connected to the network and it doesn't work. Is there a way to move the downloaded movie somewhere else say to the Gallery to be able to watch it?

Thanks,
Jim

Sorry, meant video hub

Hi all, I just purchased a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and wanted to download movies to watch on the plane/road/bus.
I tried accessing the movie w/o being connected to the network and it doesn't work. Is there a way to move the downloaded movie somewhere else say to the Gallery to be able to watch it?

Thanks,
Jim

Sorry, meant video hub

Hello JTH006. Welcome to Android Forums. I've placed your query in the Galaxy Tab 2 area for exposure to more users of that device.

I have the media hub on my Tab 2, but refuse to use it for various reasons, not the least of which is the poor reputation it has on the Tab as well as the S, etc.

When I searched around the net for info on the hub, I noticed a plethora of issues, and very few remedies.

Anyway, I want to help you, but in this case it will be best to get input from those in this area who've had success with that program. :)

Upvote 0
purchased Abe Lincoln through a voucher the first time I started video hub. It will play if I start it then pause and come back to it. If I have to go through the hub to start it again I have to be connected (I believe it connects when I browse the video hub )

Have you configured Settings in Media Hub to use the SD card for storage? You may have to enter your password in order to check those settings in Media Hub, Settings, then Memory Management.

If you've already done that, browse the card from the My Files app:

extSdCard/Download/.SamsungMediuHub/contents/[some number]/HD or SD/the movie.pyv. If the movie does not appear in this folder, the Tab may be using the internal memory to save movies, and if there isn't sufficient space available, it may be trying to download the remainder of the file.

Likewise, if your SD card is low on free space.

You can also start a video file from the My Files app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones