• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media Monkey works

mi04se1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2010
White Lake, MI
I downloaded the free version of Media Monkey on Wendsday to sync songs to my 32g memory card. I had over 2000 songs with missing artwork and tags to begin with. It took me over 2 days to get all the artwork/tags with the built in search on MM. I finished with the library last night andd this morning I plugged the card into my computer (didnt sync phone). MM found the card right away without changing any settings. Took almost 2 hours to transfer just over 4000 songs. When it was done, I mounted the card on the phone. Took awhile to scan. Went to music player and all the songs were there (thank god). And to boot, all the artwork was there also. So if you need a good sync program comparable to itunes, use MediaMonkey

Has anyone tried getting flac files to work with MM? It says it supports flac, but I wonder if the phone will see the meta tags.

I loaded up some music from Ubuntu encoded with Sound Juicer. My phone can see album and song titles, but not album art or artist names. (Extended Media Scanner doesn't get everything either.)

Upvote 0
I use MM for all of my flac files. It works great. I've sent all my flac music files from MM to my Droid X using andless music player to play my flac files. anless isn't the greatest music player but it does play flac files. I'm waiting to hear about a great flac music player or that the OS supports flac natively. Maybe in 3.0?

Upvote 0
I was never able to get the samsung music program to recognize playlists that were uploaded by mm. The cubed media player recognizes them just fine though. Cubed also recognizes all the album art.

I used MM to look up and tag album art through Amazon and then synced library to my phone. Then I open up cubed and it does not recognize any art. I even cleared the cube art cache before uploading my files.

Upvote 0
I used MM to look up and tag album art through Amazon and then synced library to my phone. Then I open up cubed and it does not recognize any art. I even cleared the cube art cache before uploading my files.

Sorry, I haven't seen this thread for a while. I did the same process and I get all my album art. In media monkey I selected the option to save the album art in the mp3 meta data. I guess that's what make it work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones