• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media player audio is not coming while playing on phone speaker

gsam

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

For last two days when I try to play some music through phone speakers, the audio is not coming. Audio comes on earpiece though. When the phone rings the audio comes through speakers but this problem I have faced only for media.

I tried online radio tuner app to stream the audio and play on speaker, it did not work.
Tried playing some music using default media player, the track is progreassing but there is no audio on speakers.
Rebooted phone for 3-4 times, still the problem is there.

Please help me get rid of this issue.

Thanks,
Sam

I tried online radio tuner app to stream the audio and play on speaker, it did not work.
Are you sure you're not just forgetting to change the audio output device in the apps' settings? Also... with the radio app, you have to have earphones plugged into the phone in order to get sound to come through the speakers. You also have to make sure the 'Mute' option isn't set.

I know that confused me using Ace's default Android radio app for a while before I discovered the 'Mute', 'Via Headphones' and 'Via speakers' settings.

Reactions: gsam
Upvote 0
Are you sure you're not just forgetting to change the audio output device in the apps' settings? Also... with the radio app, you have to have earphones plugged into the phone in order to get sound to come through the speakers. You also have to make sure the 'Mute' option isn't set.

I know that confused me using Ace's default Android radio app for a while before I discovered the 'Mute', 'Via Headphones' and 'Via speakers' settings.

Thanks for info..

Have tried factory reset but it did not work.. you are right about the radio app.. but I think when you dont have earphone connected you will get a pop up saying that "please connect headset". The problem is much more complex coz when someone calls me I can hear the ringtone on speaker but when I pick up the call, I can't hear anything until and unless I connect hands free.

I think the somehow my earphone jack is damaged and it detects headphone even when it is not connected. Also when I connect the earphone the audio output is different in left and right earpiece so that kind of confirms that there is something wrong with the hardware. :(

Upvote 0
Also when I connect the earphone the audio output is different in left and right earpiece so that kind of confirms that there is something wrong with the hardware. :(
Definitely sounds like a physical problem with the phone's internal earphone jack. You probably already have, but be sure to test it with another set of earphones to make sure there's no problem at that end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones