1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Media player audio is not coming while playing on phone speaker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsam, Apr 25, 2012.

1. gsam

gsam Newbie

Hi,

For last two days when I try to play some music through phone speakers, the audio is not coming. Audio comes on earpiece though. When the phone rings the audio comes through speakers but this problem I have faced only for media.

I tried online radio tuner app to stream the audio and play on speaker, it did not work.
    Tried playing some music using default media player, the track is progreassing but there is no audio on speakers.
    Rebooted phone for 3-4 times, still the problem is there.

Please help me get rid of this issue.

Thanks,
    Sam

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jdgreat4

jdgreat4 Member

Try doing a factory reset

gsam likes this.
  3. trajikka

trajikka Newbie

Are you sure you're not just forgetting to change the audio output device in the apps' settings? Also... with the radio app, you have to have earphones plugged into the phone in order to get sound to come through the speakers. You also have to make sure the 'Mute' option isn't set.

I know that confused me using Ace's default Android radio app for a while before I discovered the 'Mute', 'Via Headphones' and 'Via speakers' settings.

gsam likes this.
  4. gsam

gsam Newbie

Thanks for info..

Have tried factory reset but it did not work.. you are right about the radio app.. but I think when you dont have earphone connected you will get a pop up saying that "please connect headset". The problem is much more complex coz when someone calls me I can hear the ringtone on speaker but when I pick up the call, I can't hear anything until and unless I connect hands free.

I think the somehow my earphone jack is damaged and it detects headphone even when it is not connected. Also when I connect the earphone the audio output is different in left and right earpiece so that kind of confirms that there is something wrong with the hardware. :(

5. trajikka

trajikka Newbie

Definitely sounds like a physical problem with the phone's internal earphone jack. You probably already have, but be sure to test it with another set of earphones to make sure there's no problem at that end.

6. krncl

krncl Lurker

hello everybody...i am facing the same problem as gsam ! please help me solving this problem...!

7. shomi75

shomi75 Lurker

the problem is in earphone jack
    I solved my phone by repeatedly pushed and pulled the headphones from jack

8. Girish151

Girish151 Lurker

After seeing lot of solutions in google, something forced me to uninstall the INBUILT RADIO app or atleast disable it. Then the speaker came back to life after uninstall. TRY this once....

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews