• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

media player quad core . vpn,smart dns help.

bradowen

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
hi ,nice site ...

any experts out there that could help me please ..would be a great help ..cant seem to find an answer ..

i have a quad core android media player .. and a vpn to connect to america .. i find it can be slow .

i have been told that ,i can use a vpn only to login into nbc sports america ...then somehow config things on my network to then use smart dns which is faster ..

which i am hoping i can do..is this possible as smart dns cant be used on its own ..

would be brill if someone could help many many thanks

Hello welcome to Android Forums, we're here to try and help.

You're trying to use a VPN to watch sport on NBC, which restricted to US IP addresses only? Might just be the speed of the internet between the States and wherever you are is just slow. What country are you in? Don't think changing DNS would help, that's only for looking up internet addresses and not the overall data speed, especially for streaming. Latency could be another issue as well, that would cause problems for high-bandwidth streaming.

Upvote 0
Hello welcome to Android Forums, we're here to try and help.

You're trying to use a VPN to watch sport on NBC, which restricted to US IP addresses only? Might just be the speed of the internet between the States and wherever you are is just slow. What country are you in? Don't think changing DNS would help, that's only for looking up internet addresses and not the overall data speed, especially for streaming. Latency could be another issue as well, that would cause problems for high-bandwidth streaming.

thanks for reply ..yes im using a vpn ..from uk to us ..i have fibre at home about 36 mbs

just apparently some people were saying that if you just use vpn for security ,then smat dns whilst connected .can be much faster ..friend dont know if its true or not ..

also a bit unsure how to do thanks:thinking::)

Upvote 0
thanks for reply ..yes im using a vpn ..from uk to us ..i have fibre at home about 36 mbs

just apparently some people were saying that if you just use vpn for security ,then smat dns whilst connected .can be much faster ..friend dont know if its true or not ..

also a bit unsure how to do thanks:thinking::)

Hi,

googling "smart dns service" (w/o quotes) might give you an idea what that is and how it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones