• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media player that can pause

thumperyz69

Jul 28, 2010
I need a Music player that allows you to pause an MP3 in the background and then go back to it. I have a long MP3 file (3hrs) that I need to pause during the day and switch to a different app and then back to the music player. Everytime I hit the Home button it stops the player.

Are there players that allow you to pause and go to another app???

Stern show?

Btunes handles it perfectly for $1.50.

I've heard good things about mixzing too, but btunes supports bookmarking too. This is awesome when you need to say power off the device, re-launch the mp3 and pick up right where you left off.

Shawn

Actually I listen to C&R (Covino and Rich). They make Stern show sound boring. I did try MXZing and it would pause that I could tell. I'll have to look at Btunes.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks

Upvote 0
Meridian will pause and then pick up where you left off. It actually remembers your place even if you power cycle.

If you have headphones with a mic, you can plug in your headphones and press the button on your headphones and pick up where you left off even if you used another audio app in between (MixZing loses that focus if you use something like Listen in between). You don't even have to open the program to start playing -- you can plug the headphones in and hit the button and it will play even if you're at the lockscreen.

Reactions: thumperyz69
Upvote 0
Meridian will pause and then pick up where you left off. It actually remembers your place even if you power cycle.

If you have headphones with a mic, you can plug in your headphones and press the button on your headphones and pick up where you left off even if you used another audio app in between (MixZing loses that focus if you use something like Listen in between). You don't even have to open the program to start playing -- you can plug the headphones in and hit the button and it will play even if you're at the lockscreen.

Thanks Cobra Meridian sounds cool also. I will look at it.

Upvote 0
What's weird is that the stick music player WAS saving my place but for some reason now it just exits when I hit HOME.

I have the EXACT same issue. I used to be able to play a podcast and then launch another app on my Milestone.

But no longer.

I'm continually stunned at how glitchy this phone is. Maybe it's me, maybe I got a lemon, or maybe these are all fixable.

Upvote 0
What's weird is that the stick music player WAS saving my place but for some reason now it just exits when I hit HOME.

OK, so I just figured something out. If you open a song/podcast from Astro, then you can't hit the home key and open other apps. But if you open up the Music Player app and select a song instead of going through Astro, you're free to roam around your phone and email/text/whatever once the song starts playing.

Reactions: DaDoc04
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones