• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Process has stopped during data transfer

Yeah, this happens with my phone all the time :(

I tried using a single USB port on my PC, different ports, using a hub............all kinds of ways. Just keeps stopping. Oh well.................now I find some spare time and just Bluetooth everything.

Have no idea but it is kinda irritating.

Haven't tried the ZIP route..............will give it a try next time :)

Upvote 0
Do you get this using one of the media transfer options on the pop-up that shows up when you first plug into Windows? I'm just curious. I never use those options, I just close the dialog box, open windows explorer and have no trouble copying files back and forth from Nexus 5 > Internal Memory > whatever folder and my computer.

I *will* sometimes get a message when I transfer media this way to the Nexus 5 that it might not be usable by the device I am transferring to, do I want to transfer anyway? I always say yes and never have any problems later with playing/viewing the media.

Reactions: akmsr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones