• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Server battery drain

villamike

Jun 10, 2011
Hi.

Under my battery useage, Media Server is taking up between 25-35%.

I have looked into this on google and some people say its to do with a currupt photo/video/music file on my phones HD, so ive deleted al lmy files.

The issue is still there and is draining my battery quicker then usual.

Also my battery status is now on discharging when not plugged in.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi.

Under my battery useage, Media Server is taking up between 25-35%.

I have looked into this on google and some people say its to do with a currupt photo/video/music file on my phones HD, so ive deleted al lmy files.

The issue is still there and is draining my battery quicker then usual.

Also my battery status is now on discharging when not plugged in.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

I am seeing this on a US galaxy nexus now

Upvote 0
I had this issue also and found that uninstalling an app for syncing iTunes music to my phone called Easy Phone tunes stopped the media service. Mine was consuming 10% per 1/2 hour. Battery life is back again! BTW, I also found a service running on my phone called Samsung Push Service that was taking up lots of battery life (according to applications->Battery Usage). It gets installed if you use Samsung Apps to install some apps. I froze it using TI Backup and that saved me batter also...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones