1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Media Server Battery Usage SGS2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by curi0us, Aug 6, 2011.

1. curi0us

curi0us Newbie
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Software Development Consultant
    Malaysia
    Hi,
    I'm posting this because I couldn't get a satisfying answer from any of the other posts on the internet.

Recently one more item started showing up in my SGS2 battery usage list. It is "Media Server" and sometimes takes up to 30% of the battery.

I don't use any streaming apps except youtube. And I've been youtube since beginning but this "Media Server" came up in battery usage list recently. :thinking:

I don't even know what's the use of this process. I need help on two things
    1. If anyone experiencing this please give a short reply here. Then we might be able to compare our installed apps and decide what actually 'media server' does. :)

2. Can anyone explain what this process does? Or help to fix the battery drain issue? :cool:

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello curi0us. Welcome to the forums.

Apps such as YouTube will require media server to run, and yes, it is a bit of a resource hog. If you want it to stop, after you've used YouTube, go into menu > settings > applications > running services and find the YouTube or media server services the just click and they'll stop. They will restart the next time you use YouTube or anything else which requires media server.

Some users like to use a task killer or task manager to have control over those apps and services.

curi0us and suhailmoghul like this.
  3. curi0us

curi0us Newbie
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Software Development Consultant
    Malaysia
    Thanks Frisco,
    I'll try it out. :)