• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Petegunns

Feb 27, 2012
So I have moved on from my prevail, but can't imagine letting the little beast collect dust in a drawer somewhere... I had been using it as a dedicated ip security cam, but got the notion to try and go for something a little more interesting...

I was wondering if it is possible to connect the prevail (connected to my wifi network) to an external 1 terabyte hard drive via OTG Cable, and use it as a media server?

I posted this in the rooted section, since I imagine that the answer would require having a rooted phone...

So I have moved on from my prevail, but can't imagine letting the little beast collect dust in a drawer somewhere... I had been using it as a dedicated ip security cam, but got the notion to try and go for something a little more interesting...

I was wondering if it is possible to connect the prevail (connected to my wifi network) to an external 1 terabyte hard drive via OTG Cable, and use it as a media server?

I posted this in the rooted section, since I imagine that the answer would require having a rooted phone...

I think thata what the VPN is for dude.

Reactions: Petegunns
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones