1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Media Services Using 40% of Battery, WTF?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ScubaCA, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    When I got to the battery usage, it says that my "Medai Services" are using up to 40% of my battery. WTF???!!!

I have no idea why!!! I have wiped the phone clean, formatted my SD card numerous times, and it still keeps coming up.

If it is an app that is doing it, how can I find out which one? I really need help here...:mad:

Advertisement

2. rjasonw

rjasonw Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Graphic Design/Advertising
    Western , NC
    First a couple of questions;

1. Are you using the full suite of social services in Blur?
    2. Have you checked the Accounts app to see just what you are syncing?

Blur is major battery hog unfortunately. It has some good uses but it syncs every 15 minutes by default in the background & there is no way to change that :mad:. So I share your frustration. Check that Accounts app too & see if you have overlapping services like Twitter & Facebook syncing through an app & Blur. Use the first party apps from the market & set their sync times to 4 hrs or even manual & turn off Blur. You should see that media services drainage go down significantly.

3. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I am actually more stoked that someone even responded to this and your response and solution would seem logical. However, the single and most important component to your solution depends on me using facebook, twitter, or 1 of the other social networks, which I do not use.

4. rjasonw

rjasonw Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Graphic Design/Advertising
    Western , NC
    Then we go a little deeper.

Do you have any news readers, RSS feeds, or say apps that show up as needing to sync? Look in your applications menu; settings/applications. You may have to do lots of checking depending on how many apps you have installed. Check each app for its permissions & see what if any of them have to have data enabled. If you need to make a list.

Once you have determined that you can drill down into each apps settings & control it's usage of back grounding tasks.