• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media storage problem

That sounds like the internal storage flash memory might have failed, which basically means it's time for a new phone. As a fix would almost certainly mean a new logic board, and probably cost more than the phone is worth.
Maybe.But I may need to download media storage for a 5.1 android system phone.The photos are shown in gallery if I use es file explorer I can't take screenshots.The photos I take from camera are seen in the phone's file explorer also but the ringstones,music and screenshots are a problem.Everything kind of works but since media storage is not there.......They don't work.Well,sort of.

Upvote 0
The media storage had kept on stopping.I,instead of disabling it deleted it.How come it's gone?I mean isn't there a way?
"Media Storage kept stopping" sounds like the Media Storage app rather than the storage device. But as that's a system app you shouldn't be able to delete it unless you are rooted. So how did you delete the app?

So if this is what's happened, the simplest solution will be to reflash the system software. I'm not familiar with Lenovos, so can't advise on the procedure. Do also make a backup of all of your data first, because in many cases doing this wipes the device in the process.

Upvote 0
So how did you delete a system app in the first place? And if the device is rooted did you ever take a backup using a custom recovery? I'm assuming not, but it you are capable of deleting a system app I don't want to exclude the possibility without checking as it would provide the simplest solution.
My device is rooted.I don't know if I have a backup.

Upvote 0
No, absolutely not. A factory reset will wipe all of your data, and that's all it does. It will not restore system apps that you have deleted: the phone does not waste a couple of GB keeping spare copy of the original ROM, so if you delete system apps they are deleted, full stop.

I mean find out where to get the original Lenovo ROM and how to flash that. I don't know because I've never seen a Lenovo phone in real life (except for those branded Moto).

Upvote 0
No, absolutely not. A factory reset will wipe all of your data, and that's all it does. It will not restore system apps that you have deleted: the phone does not waste a couple of GB keeping spare copy of the original ROM, so if you delete system apps they are deleted, full stop.
I mean find out where to get the original Lenovo ROM and how to flash that. I don't know because I've never seen a Lenovo phone in real life (except for those branded Moto).
Ok

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones