1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Media Transfer Has Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by _sC, Dec 13, 2013.

1. _sC

_sC Well-Known Member

because of the no micro sd card, i have to transfer everything i want onto the phone...

I keep getting that android media process has stopped working BS message whenever i try to move my files.

i get it for my music periodically, but almost all the time for pictures.

I've tried other phones with no problem, and i've even cut down the batch of files i move at one time.

does anyone else have this problem???

man, the longer i own a nexus 5 the more unimpressed i get.. :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

It sounds like you have the wrong drivers installed on your PC.

Delete the old drivers via system devices and then plug the phone in and let it re-install the correct drivers.

or

Try installing WUGS nexus tool kit, Wugs has a driver install program that may help.

ALSO NOTE: That the old Samsung drivers for the Galaxy Nexus will work for the Nexus 5, odd but they do work for LG.

3. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Android Enthusiast

Have you ever thought about, or used, a cloud service? I've used Dropbox for years...I don't remember the last time I actually plugged my phone in to transfer anything.

If I want music on my phone, I put it in a Dropbox folder on my laptop and then download it from the same folder on my phone. Works like a charm.

Same thing for pics, movies, docs, ppt's, etc...

4. charliecc

charliecc Android Enthusiast

I had this on my old N5, new one is fine. Not the reason for the return.

Didn't have to do anything with drivers. I ended up using Airdroid, a bit slower but worked a treat.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews