• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media volume too loud on RAZR maxx HD

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum, so if this is the wrong section, sorry.

Anyway, when earphones are plugged in, my phone is way too loud, even at the lowest setting. The speakers are very loud too, but that isn't much of a problem. I've tried with 2 different earphones and compared it to my old iPod, and it is much louder. Is this a general Android problem, a Motorola problem, a RAZR problem, or a defect? I can't find any threads related to this anywhere, but I did find an app called fine volume control, which works decently. I still find it annoying that I need to use 1% volume to get acceptable hearing levels. Is there a way to get a general lower volume on the phone?

I've moved this to the maxx HD forum to help get more people with this device to see it.

Generally, volume on android itself is broken up into 4 categories: ringer, notification, call and media. If you lower the volume, it lowers each one based on what's going on. In call while on a call, ringer when on the desktop, media while playing something, etc. If it is the media being turned all the way down, and it is still loud, then it is probably the headphones themselves. They might have their own volume control as well, or might be a loud headset in general.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones