• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Volume won't save

mahers

Android Expert
Apr 2, 2010
Concord, CA
Does anyone have an issue with their Media Volume being set to 0, and when you adjust it, either when in an app (YouTube, mp3 player, RingDroid) or via Settings>Sound>Volume, it still won't adjust? I can't set the volume for Media no matter how I try. It visibly shows that I raised it in Settings, but then I back out and go back in to check, it's 0 again. WTF?!?!

When I am in RingDroid, for example, I hit the volume button, the pop up for Media Volume shows at 0, and won't let me raise it w/ the volume buttons...same for YouTube, etc. I know previously, I've reset the phone to fix it, but this is ridiculous. I don't know what's causing it other than possibly putting my phone on vibrate while at work, but that shouldn't affect the Media Volume, just Ringer and Alerts. And before anyone suggests it, I took the phone OFF vibrate mode and still get the same result.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!:mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones