• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MediaMonkey and Samsung Captivate

sapv

Jul 19, 2010
I need help on how to use mediamonkey with my samsung captivate. I tried several methods to make my device identified by mediamonkey application on my pc but in vain. I unmounted the sd card in my phone but my windows 7 starter was unable to identify the device. I tried mass storage, media player, MTP and all USB connection set ups. I read in so many forums that using mediamonkey with samsung captivate is very easy. Can someone help?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me take it back. I did not try connecting the device using samsung kies set up on USB. I am able to use mediamonkey easily.

Maybe you need the correct drivers....

Without using MediaMonkey, can your PC see your phone? In Media Player mode, you should see a phone icon, and maybe a card icon (if you have an SD card); in Mass storage mode, you will see 1 or 2 new driver letters - If you use mass storage mode and see the drive letters, you need to go to the phone, pull down the notification bar and click on USB to mount the drive(s).

If you see none, of this then you need to install the drivers.

Upvote 0
Did you ever install Samsung's Kies software? I believe that sets up drivers for Windows 7. There are a couple threads out there that should tell you how to download it.

I haven't tried MediaMonkey before, but hopefully that's the only thing stopping you.

I have samsung kies installed in my netbook. I prefer using mediamonkey because it is more effecient when it comes to getting missing album arts from the web. Kies does it but not as efficiently as mediamonkey. I have read couple of threads on this topic but i was unable to see one which had specific solution to this. Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones