• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Any medical professionals out there found any good medical apps for the droid? I have Skyscape already, and Epocrates is supposed to come out with a droid app early 2010. Any other favorites out there?

I haven't tried skyscape on android yet. Is it ok? I had paid versions of it for my old PDA long ago. Loved it. Right now, all I'm using is the webpage Drugs.com . That's the pro site with detailed drug info.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried skyscape on android yet. Is it ok? I had paid versions of it for my old PDA long ago. Loved it. Right now, all I'm using is the webpage Drugs.com . That's the pro site with detailed drug info.

I really like skyscape...I had it on my itouch and transferred it over to the Eris. It comes with some free stuff that is actually very useful - specifically archimedes, OCM (over the counter medications) and RxDrugs, then I paid for Emergency Medicine Manual - it's a nice piece of software. I really love Epocrates but have to wait for it to be available on droid. I use it online but it's not as good as an actual app. I have tried Harrisson's and Merck manual on itouch, but prefer skyscape over them.

Upvote 0
Here is it :)

Download and Install the Lexi-Comp Application to your Phone

• Step 1: Ensure you have a strong wi-fi or cellular connection.
  • Step 2: Navigate to Lexi-Comp Android using the default browser on your phone.
  • Step 3: Tap the Download Lexi-Comp ON-HAND link to download the MainActivity.apk file.
  • Step 4: After the MainActivity.apk has been downloaded, tap on the file to begin installation.
  • Step 5: You may see a message that reads, "Install Blocked. For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market."
  • Step 6: If so, tap on Settings and select, "Uknown Sources: Allow install of non-Market applications." Agree to the notice on your phone, hit the back button, and tap the MainActivity.apk file again to resume installation.
android-install-block.gif

• Step 7: Agree to the notification and the software will install in a few seconds.
Register Your 30-day Trial

• Step 8: Open the Lexi-Comp ON-HAND application on your device.
  • Step 9: If opening the application for the first time, please read and accept the license agreement.
  • Step 10: Enter your registration information. If prompted, please select SD card for database storage.
  • Step 11: Select the databases you wish to update and tap the "Update" button.
I hope it's helpful for you ;)

Upvote 0
I didn't have device use android OS to try that :(
I waiting for my archos 5 with android, but the BiggusDiccus was asked for that so I try to help
for my I use Dr.Drug with my old i-mate, when I was student, it can give you free days for use then it'll be locked, you can't use it, but I saw in Arabic forum crack for Skyscape apps, it can give you the serial number for any of it and make the app work without paying for lexi comp :p like that

Upvote 0
Hi, my wife and I both have Eris' and she is starting nursing school and is required to have three apps from skyscape. It looks like they will take up about 76 MB of memory. She doesn't have a lot of other apps on her phone, I think the last time I checked she had something like 110 MB of available space. Will this make it lag quite a bit? Do any of you who use skyscape have issues with the apps on your phone? Any help is appreciated!

Upvote 0
Hi, my wife and I both have Eris' and she is starting nursing school and is required to have three apps from skyscape. It looks like they will take up about 76 MB of memory. She doesn't have a lot of other apps on her phone, I think the last time I checked she had something like 110 MB of available space. Will this make it lag quite a bit? Do any of you who use skyscape have issues with the apps on your phone? Any help is appreciated!

Hey! I doubt it would cause any problems have been using the apps without my phone slowing down.. If you need any help just feel free to contact Skyscape directly - they are quite support oriented that way.. :)

Also, if she needs a nursing guide i would advise the Saunders Guide from Skyscape - my sister has been using it and is quite happy - (Skyscape runs in the family i guess :D )

Do let me know if i can help anytime :D
Oh n if u want the Saunders guide - this is it :) Skyscape's Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook: Mobile Medical References for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Palm, Palm Pre, Pocket PC, Tablet PC, Windows Mobile Smartphone, Symbian.

Have a super day :)

Upvote 0
Bumping an old thread but I unearthed Skyscape again and got a ton of free updates for it. I swear, I could cure cancer using this phone.

In addition to this app, there is Epocrates. Didn't go through the whole thread to see if it was mentioned, but I didn't like it that much.

Skyscape, as of now, is THE best medical app out there. I have the iPhone version as well.

Upvote 0
Evaluating the knee, ankle..... back, shoulder, etc? 250 tests with their own video demonstration, description on how to perform test, definition of a positive finding, and review of diagnostic properties and strength of the test.

CORE - Clinical ORthopedic Exam

and you can learn more about it by watching the Youtube video below.
Clinical Orthopaedic Exam

by Clinically Relevant Technologies

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones