1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support meep wont boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davidss1, Oct 24, 2013.

1. davidss1

davidss1 Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2013
    my son was given meep by his grandmother 1 week ago and it is stuck in the booting logo . it was purchased in australia and my son is in thailand , so it will be basically impossible to send it back to the store of purchase etc.
    i have tried rebooting/reset many times
    efforts to contact the company through email have not been responded to.

has anyone been able to reflash the OS or transform it to accept a normal android OS?

thanks in advance
    dave.

Advertisement

2. MeepTablet

MeepTablet Member
    None

Feb 27, 2013
    Female
    Tour guide, writer, social media consultant, mom,
    Portland, OR
    Hi Dave!

I'm sorry for the delay in response. There are two things you can try for the stuck-loading issue, which are reboot and reset. I know you have tried both, but sometimes it works to try each method several times in a row. If you still are stuck, then this is considered a hardware issue and there is no known remedy. The company does not have advice on your last point about the operating system nor do I know anyone who has tried it on their own. My best suggestion is to continue to contact OSI. I'm not sure which email you are trying, but you might want to try the following:

Australia:
    1300 300 155
    Email (AUS and NZL):

Technical Support - Oregon Scientific

The contacts I have for Asia are for distributors, but they may also be able to assist in your region:
    Oregon Scientific - Smart Living

Lastly, you can always contact the USA center and tell them where you are located and they can then perhaps provide you with a contact:
    customerservice@oscientific.com

One other thought... outside of the USA in most cases all issues go back through the retailer, so you may have the best success contacting the store where you purchased it and going through them.

Jill