1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

meet new friends

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jennrochelle, Mar 20, 2010.

1. jennrochelle

jennrochelle Member

Mar 12, 2010
    The Northeast
    Hi all. I am always looking to chat with and meet new people. I used to have a berry with bbm but that went down a path I would rather forget. I would love to get more out of my instant messaging programs. If you would like to chat and will actually chat, hit me up at [email address removed] to chat on gtalk. I am 34 and I live in Philadelphia. African-American as well. Hope to hear from a lot of you.

Advertisement

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    anyone think this could possibly be a spam bot setup?

3. jennrochelle

jennrochelle Member

Mar 12, 2010
    The Northeast
    I wouldnt know how to spam on a good day but thanks for giving me a laugh. Just a thread to meet new people through private message now that I am aware posting my email is not a good thing to do.

4. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    UK
    The problem with publicly posting your email address is that you are inviting spam to your own inbox - by the truckload.

Welcome aboard. :)

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Agreed. Robot crawlers (like google, but malicious) pick up these email address's, and store them in databases. Those databases are then sold to many email spammers. =/

6. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    on cracbkerry, people would CONSTANTLY post their BB PINs so they could talk with other people. It was a VERY social experience. I think some people coming from that experience miss it.

With android, it definitely is tougher since you're just publicly posting your email addy. However, I never understood posting your PIN either. I can barely keep up with the few friends I've got :)