• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mega now has CM11!!

bnb25

Android Expert
Jan 16, 2012
Michigan
Thanks to Silesh.Nair over at xda we now have CM11 on the Mega.

Big Credit to:

Willie Ye
aka Grarak for starting work on porting CM for the Mega and Arne Coucheron aka arco for this help!!

Also stiggy2012 without him we wouldn't have gotten this booted up!!

This is his work not mine, I take no credit for it. All thanks goes to them. I'm just linking to his thread on XDA.

This does work on Metro pcs Mega (SGH-M819N) I am currently using it as I'm writing this.

He has also confirmed it is working on [GT-I9200/I9205]

go over to his thread for all the info, make sure you read everything!!

[ROM][GT-I9200/I9205][Unofficial] CyanogenMod11 : [4.4.2] - xda-developers

Reactions: sileshn
after I got it going I'm not really impressed. No offence to the guy that ported it and it has nothing to do with you more about CM its self. I just don't like it, kinda funky (coming from the last time i used CM was 7) I have to say i don't even like KITKAT either. It kinda feels like an "iphone" experience, I don't know how to explain it its all normal android stuff but....something feels off, less control over your home screen (swiping left goes to google now? WTF is that?) other little things here and there rub me the wrong way. I love this phone btw tho, I have large hands and hated my old phone looking like a post-it note in my hand.

Upvote 0
I flashed it today with TWRP and CWR and don't get data on both methods. But the recovery for TWRP that he listed was 2.6.3.0. I believe 2.6.3.1 will flash with data. However I cannot find it for our MetroPCS Mega.

there isn't a specific one for metro's version fo the Mega. Here's how you get data working. go into settings/more, mobile networks. First check your Access Point Nmae. it should show MetroPCS LTE.

If not go to Network Operators. let it do its search. after its done click Choose automatically at the bottom of the screen you see a pop up that says Registered on Network. You should have data afer that.

Upvote 0
after I got it going I'm not really impressed. No offence to the guy that ported it and it has nothing to do with you more about CM its self. I just don't like it, kinda funky (coming from the last time i used CM was 7) I have to say i don't even like KITKAT either. It kinda feels like an "iphone" experience, I don't know how to explain it its all normal android stuff but....something feels off, less control over your home screen (swiping left goes to google now? WTF is that?) other little things here and there rub me the wrong way. I love this phone btw tho, I have large hands and hated my old phone looking like a post-it note in my hand.

I don't care for KitKats launcher either, it's very limited. Not Android like at all. The new guy that took over android is messing it up. He's the same moron that's screwed with YouTube.

Upvote 0
Reactions: clubanger96
Upvote 0
for some reason my LTE will not come back. I have done everything you said in the comments I even added another metro APN but nothing. I also used the rom that you told me to use but nothin. any ideas?

I had issues with with that version also, he just put a new update up. try it, it seems to be working for me. also try putting it in airplane mode for about 60 seconds.

Upvote 0
It seems for me that Tmobile APN only works for me for some reason metro won't but I only reach H not LTE and it only lasts for about 10 minutes and I have to do the process again. Any reason why? I have the same phone model number. Im also on the latest cm11 but its also happend to me on the past builds.

Upvote 0
It seems for me that Tmobile APN only works for me for some reason metro won't but I only reach H not LTE and it only lasts for about 10 minutes and I have to do the process again. Any reason why? I have the same phone model number. Im also on the latest cm11 but its also happend to me on the past builds.

maybe the towers in your area aren't that strong. Once in a while it will drop off for me but usually comes back.

I think part of the problem is. Those ROM's are put together for the International version. It's close to ours but not exact.

It sucks that we don't have any dev willing to work on out metro version. Right now they all got a boner for the nexus 5.

you can try the other ROM's Silesh.Nair has put out. Mokee seems to work pretty good for me. Though he says bluetooth doesn't work on it right now.

Upvote 0
anyone have a working link to the cm-11-20131213 file? I cant find it anywhere all the links have updated and don't have any files that old, and from what I'm seeing it's the only version that will work on the metro mega, I've tried other so called confirmed roms and none will install, they always fail

Check XDA's Galaxy Mega Original Android forum for more ROMS.

Galaxy Mega Original Android Development - xda-developers

If you have trouble installing others ROMs, it seems like your CWM is outdated or you are installing other ROMS.

So far I've installed CM, Paranoid, Venir, AOKP and etc.. They all installed and worked fine except few minor bugs.

For various ROM reviews and screen shots check the original thread or my blog :) Right now I am using PA ROM for my Mega.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones