• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Megaupload downloads over 4G

TCM

Apr 1, 2011
A few of my friends are DJs and host their files on megauload so that friends and fans can download their mixes. I don't have 4G at my house, so I usually download these files on my pc using my mediocre dsl (we don't get cable here). These files can be 100MB to 500MB in size and take quite a long time to download with my DSL.

Every so often they post up one of their mixes/sets up while I am out in an area with 4G. I have tried to download the files hosted on MU on my phone and they never actually start downloading (tried using stock broswer and skyfire). However if they post their mixes up on soundcloud, I am able to download them without an issue.

Does anyone know if there is a block on Megaupload?

I don't think so, I've had issues with files cancelling using the stock browser. Try using dolphin see if that helps. There are also file download assistance apps on the market but I've never attempted to use those, I tend to try to use my dropbox for my personal file sharing as it is much more friendly to my phone overall

Reactions: TCM
Upvote 0
I don't think so, I've had issues with files cancelling using the stock browser. Try using dolphin see if that helps. There are also file download assistance apps on the market but I've never attempted to use those, I tend to try to use my dropbox for my personal file sharing as it is much more friendly to my phone overall

I'll try with dolphin next time I wander into a 4G area and report back. Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones