• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory almost full.

nathanotis

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2009
Denver, CO
I installed Lnt 10.1_0725 last night, dirty flash over another version of CM 10, Gapps at the same time, rebooted a couple times, allowing the TP to update completely. Aside from 2 issues, it seems to be running really well...

1. "Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped."

2. I'm getting a low memory warning, also. "settings/aps" shows I have 53ish mb available. I started digging through files to see what happened and I've found something confusing. While looking at the file structure under /storage, I see sdcard, sdcard0 and usbstick.

Near as I can tell, sd and sd0 are duplicated... I can't figure out which one I need to format or clear things out of... I'm sure this is pretty simple (or maybe I missed a new step 'cause I haven't messed with my HPTP for a while).

Help me out?

I did not partition. Back when I was using the TP regularly, there was never any need (or mention of it in casual rom flashing circles). I uninstalled a bunch of stuff and install the apps you suggested. After running basic AND advanced CM, numbers are as follows:

Boot/78% full, Cache/44% full, Internal/data/85% full, Micro SD/50% full, System, 57% full.

I sure would like to utilize my SD storage to free up internal data...

I'm thinking of going back to stock, then starting from scratch with the LnT CN 10.1 I installed last night.

Opinions?

Upvote 0
I did not partition. Back when I was using the TP regularly, there was never any need (or mention of it in casual rom flashing circles). I uninstalled a bunch of stuff and install the apps you suggested. After running basic AND advanced CM, numbers are as follows:

Boot/78% full, Cache/44% full, Internal/data/85% full, Micro SD/50% full, System, 57% full.

I sure would like to utilize my SD storage to free up internal data...

I'm thinking of going back to stock, then starting from scratch with the LnT CN 10.1 I installed last night.

Opinions?

So if you flashed CM10.1 without increasing your /system partition, you are most likely dangerously close to having little or no space left in /system. Depending on which ACMEInstaller you use,
ACME3 = 400mb, ACME4 = 500mb, ACME5 = 600mb of space on one's /system.

Secondly, don't start moving .apk's to the SD card. If you want to keep alot of installed apps, increase your /data partition using one of J.C. Sullin's size increase patches.

You really need to go read the OP of this thread:

[ROM GUIDE] How to install Android on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way" - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

In particular, watch the video that Roland just posted about installing Android.

And for the memory size increase patch, here:

Fixes for SDCARD issues for all versions of CyanogenMod - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

Read the part of the OP about the patches for increasing the internal memory and the last 15 pages of the thread. Ignore the rest, it does not apply.

Reactions: nathanotis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones