1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support memory card in but phone isnt reading it. help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by L0neWolf, Oct 13, 2010.

1. L0neWolf

L0neWolf Lurker

Oct 13, 2010
    ok so here is my problem. the micro sd card in my phone isnt being recognised by my phone, there is a little icon that has popped up in the notifications bar, its a picture of a memory card with an exclamation mark on it.
    i have tried other micro sd cards but i am still presented with the same problem.

i really dont wanna send my phone off for repairs as i need to keep hold of it. as i use it all the time.

does anyone else have this problem?
    or know how to fix it?

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

Advertisement

2. ExSaint

ExSaint Android Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2010
    Houston, TX
    See if you can read it else where.

3. Beerkan

Beerkan Android Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    Blighty
    Was it working before? Is it inserted correctly? Have you installed any recent software?

4. Iqoniq

Iqoniq Newbie

Jun 17, 2010
    NHS
    Notts
    I had a similar problem about 2 months ago. The phone reset itself one afternoon and when it rebooted it wasn't seeing any of the apps or the launcher I had installed. For a couple of weeks previously I'd been getting forced closes on all sorts when the phone was turned off and then turned back on again which meant I had to reformat the card a couple of times. It turned out that the card I got with the phone was duff so I ended up shelling out for an 8Gb one. Since then the phone has been moderately well behaved.