• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory is silting up

GerJ

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
My Wildfire S had gradually Alzheimered to low memory, so I was grateful when the update to Android 2.3.5 gave me a whopping 60 MB free phone memory. However, gradually it is silting up again and at present it stands at 47 MB. Since this update I have not installed any extra apps (apart from the two or three I had to remove first to free up sufficient space for updating). All apps that can be moved to the SD card, have been moved there and I religiously clean up caches with History Eraser. My wife bought her Wildfire S at the same time and has largely the same apps, but the memory of her phone seems to be stable around 60 MB. What am I doing wrong?

And further: if this memory creep is normal in Android, no amount of phone memory will ever be enough, or?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones