• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory issues? Nexus One

gmulder

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
Yesterday i had my Nexus go reset on me: prompting me to go through setup after turning it off and on again, generally messing around after that (no memory left, all apps still installed, but not available, trying to reinstall them) until I decided to reset it to factory settings and rebuild it from there.
That left me with about 40 MB of phone memory...

That's the second time this has happened. First time I put it down to an app killer messing with the memory (which I have since uninstalled), but frankly I'm a bit worried about this behaviour.

Phone's a Nexus One on 2.2, the apps that will go on SD are on SD, and I usually check the cache status on my apps - especially the browser - to keep memory free.

Any thoughts about what's going on, what I need to do to avoid this kind of thing?

If I'm reading your post right, your phone randomly wiped itself?

Do you have anything that supports remote wipe on the phone? Security apps can do this, and so can Exchange mail, so it might be someone managed to activate that.

Running low on internal storage wont cause this to happen, that'd be unrelated. Currently I have 35MB free (after cleaning the cache) and it causes me no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones