1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Memory Managers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TonyMan13, Oct 9, 2014.

1. TonyMan13

TonyMan13 Member

So I pretty much like my Tab 4 (sure wish it had a compass so my Astronomy Apps would work). I went to the Samsung apps and downloaded 1 Tap Boost & Clean Master. I am starting to wonder about them because 1 Tap sometimes gives warning twice a day that 85% of memory is in use & I have to clean up the memory. It seems that is a lot of stuff going on & wonder if this App really works correctly.

Anyone else use this and have opinions? Also, any recommendations for task/app killers or memory managers for this device?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

3. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

+1 on Kate's comment. I'd think that if GPS is turned on, your astronomy apps should work. Maybe that plus a compass app, like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gn.android.compass

I also use 1 Tap Boost and Clean Master's virus scanner. I don't use anything to boost memory. The only effective way to do that is to root the tablet, and use something like Link2SD to move apps to a secondary partition (usually ext4) on an external SD card. I haven't rooted my Tab 4, and am not likely to, as I've installed the programs I want with enough space left in internal memory.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 3MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Marvell PXA1088 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews