1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Memory notification issue

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Vasper99, May 4, 2016.

1. Vasper99

Vasper99 Lurker
    None

May 4, 2016
    Male
    I need help, my HUAWEI G6 has a rely annoying problem (which i'm seeing seems to be a common theme on here).

The phone keeps telling me I have insufficient memory.

Please don't answer this post with the usual, "buy an SD card" or "have you tried moving apps to the SD card" or talk to me about factory resets or clearing caches or deleting internal memory.

Thats not the problem.

The phone has an internal memory of 8gb to start with and an SD card fitted which is 16gb.

The storage manager and every other piece of software which shows memory available shows the following:-

Phone 2.98gb, SD card 11.79gb.
    (this is the current unused memory)

I would have thought 2.98gb would have been sufficient space to allow the phone to update a piece of software.

I used to have about 30 apps on the phone when i first got it, i'm now down to about 10 essential ones as this "insufficient memory" problem gets worse all the time.

I can delete an app alltogether and this seems to work, but surely the phone is giving out false figures somewhere?

I think this is a problem with a lot of HUAWEI phones, the other thing is I get a "low memory" (your phone memory is running low) indication popping up randomly and when the phone isn't doing anything, reseting the phone clears this and I carry on as normal, so that certainly seems to be a software glitch.

Does anyone know of an actual programming/software/phone issue rather than the usual memory fixes as i've tried all of those.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    How is your internal memory partitioned? Just one, or is there a phonr memory and internal SD partition?