• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

memory problem

@foxhunter: if it isn't app caches (& I'd recommend 1tap cleaner for checking & clearing) check whether any apps are using excessive amounts of data storage. Contacts Storage can sometimes do this, and I suspect social networking apps could too. An app called Quick System Info can show your apps sorted by data size (rather than total size, as the GB applications menu does) which can help spot if one is playing up.

Upvote 0
I have installed the sugested programs but it's still not the cache that gives me more free internal diskspace...

HOWEVER!!!

With the Quick System Info there also is a Quick Task killer - and I know that taskkillers are a BIG NO NO, but I pressed it anyway - and guess what? It instantly gave me 2,50 Mb free diskspace...??? :thinking:

I know it is not much but at the moment I'm happy with every free Kb I can get... :cool:

Upvote 0
I will say that this issue appears even on my phone....and I'm rooted running Ginger Villian 2.8...and have reflashed it a number of times.

At first I thought it was the a2sd+ scripting not working, but even on this fresh install with the script working perfect, I was still losing a little ever other day...I mean yea I install apps, but not as many as I did and I am very careful in noting how much space I had before and after said app install and since they have been running..

It has since stopped taking any extra space...but I don't know why it was or even what caused it to stop...just one of those weird issues..oh and I am running a cache cleaner, but an automated one that I don't have to physically click every few hours or days cos sometimes my cache REALLY take a beating at times...had 45mb in there the other day (but thats unrelated to the memory drain from before)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones