1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Memory Problems

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kara M, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Kara M

Kara M Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Hi. My name is Kara and I live in central CA. My phone keeps telling me I'm running out of memory. I've deleted all text threads and most of the apps I've loaded. I would like to know if there is a way to move the photos that are stored in the phone to the sd card. No menu option comes up to do that. Thank you!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Kara and welcome to Android Forums. I would suggest using a file manager to move your photos. There are a number of free apps on the market that you might use. You can also use your PC's file manager when your phone is connected. Once you have access to your files, go to your SD card and create a folder and name it Photos. Then go to your phone's internal storage and you will likely find your photos in a folder called DCIM. Then you can move your photos over to your newly created SD folder. Another tip.. when you open your camera you will find in it's menu a place where you can save your new pictures to your SD card instead of the phone's internal storage. I hope this helps you. Thanks for joining Android Forums and I hope you will use these forums to better your Android experience.